Information you provide
- Registration. In order to become a member of the Site and access certain Site features, you must first register for the Site by providing your email address and creating a username and password. You may provide additional geographical, biographical or related information to complete your public account profile (“Profile”). You may also upload a photo to associate with your Profile. Your user name and the information stored in your Profile are displayed to all users of the Site. If you register by transferring information from your account at a third-party site or service (such as Facebook, Twitter or Google), we will automatically collect the registration information provided by such third party, which may include: name, user name, email address, geographic location, and non-public data associated with your third-party account registration. Regardless of your method of registration, we do not display your email address, password or third-party public account data or share such information with other users of the site.
- Submissions. You may choose to submit information to us via postings, comments, links, or other content that you submit to or post on the Site. Please be aware that the purpose of such submission is public dissemination—content you submit is made available to users of the Site and is associated with your username. Do not submit content that is sensitive or private or that you do not wish to be displayed to users of the site.
- Emails and customer support. We collect information that you may submit in connection with emails and customer support or other inquiries regarding the Site or your account.
- Contests and promotions. From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests, surveys, promotions or requests to be featured on our site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation in these contests or promotions is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as age and other information to determine eligibility). We use this information to operate the contest or promotion in question and to notify contest winners and award prizes, if applicable.
- No children’s information. Children under the age of thirteen should not send any information about themselves or their friends and should not register for any of the Site’s services, nor should they make requests to receive further information from StyledOn by clicking consent or request buttons on the Site. Should we discover or be informed that a child has submitted his/her or another child’s personal information, we will delete such information from our records.
Information we collect automatically
- Log files. Like most websites, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- Cookies. In order to provide certain services we use “cookies.” These are small text files that the Site transfers to a user’s browser for added functionality or for tracking website usage. We use session cookies to improve the browsing experience for users of the Site. These are saved to the browser temporarily and disappear when the browser is closed. We use permanent Cookies for registered users who ask to remain signed in on their computer. These cookies are retained on your computer. You can reject or delete all cookies using your browser preferences or settings. Please note that by deactivating cookies, we may not be able to provide the services requested or you may have to sign in again or re-register each time you visit the Site.
- Clear gifs. In certain sections of the Site and communications from the Site, we may also employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons or web bugs), which are tiny graphics that enable us to track the online movements of web users. We use clear gifs to help us better manage our Site and determine the effectiveness of particular content or campaigns.
How we use your personal information
- We use your registration information, profile content and your submissions as described above.
- We use aggregate information (which is not personally identifiable to particular users) for a variety of purposes including: to analyze trends, to administer and improve the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We use personally identifiable information of our users, including contact details such as email addresses, for the following purposes:
- to communicate with our users for purposes of customer service;
- to confirm Site activity such as registration or a change of preferences;
- If you choose to receive such communications, we will use your contact information (including your email address) to send you our newsletter(s) and/or information on products, services, special deals, and promotions related to the Site. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option not to receive these types of communications. Please see the “Choice” section below.
- We may also use information from your profile or regarding your preferences to customize and improve your experience on the Site, and to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers to you.
How we share information
- We share aggregate information (which is not personally identifiable to particular users) with our partners and advertisers.
We disclose personally identifiable information of our users in the following cases:
- We use third parties to provide services on or related to our Site, such as sending emails, processing data, and fulfilling orders or service requests. We will share information with such third parties as necessary for us to provide the relevant service. We prohibit these third parties from using your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
- We disclose your information to third parties in cases where you give us your consent.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us.
- We provide you the opportunity to opt out of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes when we ask for this information. You may also edit the communication preferences associated with your account by visiting your account profile page on the Site Generally, however, you may not opt out of communications regarding: (i) confirmation of your account registration; (ii) customer service inquiries you make; or (iii) notification of important changes to the Site.
- You may edit the information associated with your account profile by visiting your account profile page on the Site.
- If you wish to close your account or delete the personal information stored in your account, please contact us at email@example.com.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information.
In the event StyledOn.com, LLC goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on our Web site of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
Changes to Policy
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
The Site is operated by StyledOn, LLC. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:StyledOn.com, LLC
598 Broadway, Suite 10A
New York, NY 10012