Kicking off Fashion Week right, we spent Wednesday morning with Lucky Magazine for their fourth #LuckyFABB conference - and we can honestly say that it is the best blogger conference we have ever attended. Hosted by Lucky's Editor in Chief, Brandon Holley (who looked amazing) and Contributing Digital Editor, John Jannuzzi (who also looked pretty fly), the day consisted of well-rounded panel discussions and conversations with some of the most influential people in the digital fashion space today from celebrity stylist/fashion designer Rachel Zoe to our favorite funny gal, Leandra Medine of The Man Repeller, and Terry Lundgren, Chairman, President, and CEO of Macy's.
But it wasn't just the bold names that made this conference great, it was concrete advice from actual industry experts that made the conference worth attending – let's face it, when you're ready to get serious, advice such as 'be authentic' and 'create compelling content' doesn't exactly cut it. And thankfully, Lucky pulled together a group of incredibly smart and savvy experts including Raman Kia, Executive Director of Digital Strategy at Condé Nast Media Group, Shana Fisher of High Line Venture Partners, and Susan Lyne of Gilt Groupe to go a bit deeper into analytics and brand building. Sound interesting? Read their suggested books, follow the advice below, and then be sure to sign up for the next LuckyFABB conference as soon as possible.
- Read: Good to Great, as recommended by Susan Lyne of Gilt Groupe
- Read: Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking, as recommended by Lauren Bush, FEED
- Take a basic accounting class and learn how to read a spreadsheet, suggests Susan Lyne
- Get familiar with Google Ad Planner, Compete and Quantcast, three important data sources for bloggers as recommended by Raman Kia
And now, without further adieu... The 10 Best Quotes from #LuckyFABB:
- "You have to make things happen for yourself." -Rachel Zoe
- "The beautiful thing about blogs is that all it costs is $10 for your domain and a good idea." -Leandra Medine, The Man Repeller
- "Talk once. Listen twice." -Erica Domesek, P.S.-I made this...
- "For every one person that hates you, there are going to be five people that like you..." -Leandra Medine, The Man Repeller
- "You can be successful and be very nice all the way through." -Aliza Licht, DKNY
- "I've made a couple mistakes but if I didn't make those mistakes I wouldn't be where I am now" -Rachel Zoe
- "Just do something that you love. Because there will be days you don't love it. And if you are doing something you aren't passionate about, it's going to be REALLY hard on those days." -Lauren Conrad
- "Today's peacock is tomorrow's feather duster!" -Simon Doonan
- "You can actually get further by saying 'No." -Lauren Conrad
- "You have to stick to what you are and what feels right." -Anna Sui
Have YOU attended a blogger conference? What did you find useful? What would you like to learn at one?