We're always looking for beautiful decor inspirations and this week we've fallen hard for blue. Why blue? Well, aside from it being summer (all we can think about is the beach), blue was the nail-color-of-the-week in our office and now we're ready to paint so much more than just our fingertips.
It's no secret that different colors, when used in interior design, can have various effects on us psychologically, sometimes in ways we're not aware of. Here are some interesting facts about the color blue and the different ways it can effect us, depending on the shade of blue:
- Blue is the overwhelming "favorite color."
- Blue is seen as trustworthy, dependable and committed. The color of sky and the ocean, blue is perceived as a constant in our lives.
- As the collective color of the spirit, it invokes rest and can cause the body to produce chemicals that are calming; however not all blues are serene and sedate – electric or brilliant blues become dynamic and dramatic, an engaging color that expresses exhilaration.
- Some shades or the overuse of blue may come across as cold or uncaring.
- Blue is the least "gender specific" color, having equal appeal to both men and women.
- How the color blue affects us physically and mentally: Calming and sedate; Cooling; Aids intuition.
- Studies even show weightlifters are able to handle heavier weights in blue gyms.
Interesting, no? See below for some of our favorite blue interiors and add the hue to your life...
Are you feeling blue?