Careers at StyledOn, the Leading Social Style Community Platform for Influencers and Fashionistas
StyledOn.com is a VC-backed startup based in NY and LA focused on creating the largest style centric social network — we are well on our way, but we need help!
We are a marriage of fashion and technology. If this sounds appealing to you, check our current openings and see if your skill set matches. However, if you don’t see something that matches your skills or tickles your fancy, and you think you are good enough for us to create a job for you, we invite you to send us your resume with an email on why.
We are all busy here at StyledOn, so don’t send us fluff.
The more creative, the more thoughtful, the better your chances! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your proposed title in the subject line.
- Director of Product Management / Senior Product Manager
- Rails Developer
- Marketing Manager - Offline
- Editorial Internship
- Strategy & Operations Internship
Marketing Manager – Offline
Location: New York, NY or Los Angeles, CA
How we define Marketing:
Marketing communicates who StyledOn is to the marketplace. It is our voicebox and our digital self. StyledOn is creating a social network that is laser focused on “style”, and we are looking for individuals who, through smart story-telling, not only intrigue: users, partners, fashion houses, affiliates, and industry leaders, but they also convert them to be part of the StyledOn community. Marketing works closely with our Product team, making sure that our products vibe with our community, and, most importantly, are communicated properly. We demand a lot from our marketing corps. They must be masters of both online and offline communication, and be fluent in all forms of the new media.
The role: Marketing Manager – Offline
We are looking for a unique individual that lives and breathes fashion, yet, is deeply imprinted with the growing social media phenomenon. As stated above, we aim to be the leading community exchange on all things considered “style”, and we need a knight at the round table to lead the offline marketing charge. We are looking for someone with a fashion tilted rolodex — someone with a pulse on the industry. As we don’t have a sales department, we will look to this individual to forge relationships, strategic partnerships, and co-marketing development campaigns. We are currently also hiring an Online Marketing Guru, so, you will have an online partner, champion, knight at the round-table to help you attain success. As our “Offline Guru”, you will work tirelessly on our brand strategy via the offline channels including all things print, ad, events, etc. This role needs a creative genius, and a tireless worker.
Responsibilities boiled down:
We are first and foremost an online, living and breathing community of style focused individuals. Your most important charge is to foster this community, through all creative means necessary via:
- You own all offline messaging of our brand. This includes all the classic forms, however, we would look for someone to bring in creative ideas on how to push through the tired methods, and find new, refreshing ways to break through the noise.
- Since you are a fashion industry veteran, you have a rolodex of the who’s who, and you can pull in as needed, from all tentacles, to help push our brand and drive brand awareness — which of course helps to grow our community.
- We will look to you for business development opportunities.
- Work in tandem with our Marketing Manager — Online to formulate all content and messaging through all online and offline mediums—which means you must be a team player!
- Offline marketing is a challenge when it comes to analyzing effectiveness. However, that doesn’t excuse you—for every dollar spent, you must report on the success/failure.
- You own our brand in the press. That includes managing our PR agency and outsourced marketing activities.
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field; MBA is a plus
- 7-10 years of marketing experience
- Proven network within fashion industry
- Demonstrated success developing and executing launch marketing plans
- Experience managing agencies to hit targets
- Experience with all offline marketing initiatives, including print media.
- Proven experience managing paid media budgets with P&L consideration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; executive presentation skills
- Experience managing large-scale projects (manage timelines, deliverables, etc.)
- Excellent vendor and partner management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment while managing multiple priorities
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach to managing cross functional teams
- Well-informed and passionate about the social collaboration space.
How to apply:
We receive tons of resumes and we can’t read them all. If you are interested in this position, and consider your skill set a good fit, do more than just send us your resume. If you are serious about being considered and want us to spend our time in reviewing your qualifications, then you should spend your time in presenting to us why you are a good fit. Include in your email something, anything that separates you from the crowd. Get creative! Get inventive! Give us your ideas of a marketing roadmap. Tell us where we are falling short. We dare you to come up with something that makes us salivate so we can’t wait to hire you!
Email email@example.com with “Marketing Manager – Offline” in the subject line.
Looking forward to seeing your idea(s)!